The Open Corpus allows you to stay in control of your data sources. This tutorial will show you how to curate the sources that are relevant to your brand.
Before starting the tutorial, log into your account at netvibes.com
Many sources can be added simply by entering the website address, Netvibes will do the rest. We're going to track Hype Beast, a fashion blog.
- Click “Add Content”, then “Add a feed” and enter the URL of the web site you want to track.
- Drag and drop the feed icon to your dashboard.
- Repeat for all of the blogs, news sources, social network profiles you wish to monitor.
Note: If Netvibes doesn't find the feed for your source, use the method in section 2.
Go directly to the source website to focus your feed to the correct section of the site. It's particularly beneficial to target your feed to the relevant section for news sources that cover many topics. We're going to monitor the Footwear section of Women's Wear Daily.
- Find the section you wish to monitor and click the RSS feed link.
- Copy the URL of the RSS feed from your browser's URL bar.
- Repeat the steps in section 1, Add sources quickly, using the URL you copied.
Remember: don't restrict too much! Adding multiple sections from the same site is recommended.
Your brand can be mentioned anywhere on the web. Add search sources to monitor with a wide reaching scope. We're going to use Yahoo! News Search.
- Go to the search site you wish to use and search for your brand.
- If available, use the site's advanced search functionality to filter your search results and re-submit your search.
- Locate the RSS link on the page, click it and copy the URL.
- Repeat the steps in section A, using the URL you copied.
Recommended search sites:
You should now be well on your way to creating a targeted, relevant Open Corpus.